Athletic Thinking Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Athletic Thinking Limited is the data controller of personal information processed through your use of our website or app.
- The type of the personal information processed by us includes information that you provide when using our site or services, technical information about your device, settings and website use, information that we receive from third parties, such as other website providers, ad networks, social media companies.
- We use your data, amongst other things, to provide you with our site and services or information about our site and services, tailor our services to you, carry out analysis of our services, provide (or allow others to provide) targeted ads, comply with any legal or regulatory obligation.
- We may send you marketing materials relating to our services, which you can opt out of at any time.
- We share data with our service providers and other third parties for the performance of our contractual obligations to you, to provide you with information, for the serving of advertising.
- You have a number of rights that you may exercise in relation to our use of your personal data, and you may exercise these by contacting us through the communication methods set out in the ‘Your rights’ section below.
You can find information about us and how we collect, use and store your personal data in each section of this policy:
- Who are we
- Information we collect from you
- How your information will be used
- Disclosure of your information
- Where we store your personal information
- Data retention
- Security of your information
- Social networks
- Linked Sites
- Public forums
- Your rights
WHO ARE WE
This website or our app (the “site”) is controlled by Athletic Thinking Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”) whose registered office is at Brent House, We are the data controller i.e., responsible for the processing of your personal information.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us
This is information about you that you give us when you browse or use the site, correspond with us by phone, SMS, email, social media or otherwise. It includes information you provide when:
- You register to use our site;
- Subscribe to our service;
- Search for a product;
- Place an order on our site;
- Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site;
- Enter a competition;
- When you report a problem with our site;
The information you give us includes your name, address, date of birth, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs, videos, images or comments.
Information we collect about you
With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, anonymised location data, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full URL, clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages or products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page.
Social Media: If you connect with us via certain social media platforms, or you choose to use features on this site or our App that connect to your online profiles or social media accounts (“Social Media Accounts”), we will collect any information that you permit through your settings on those Social Media Accounts. For example, if you log in to our site using your Facebook account and you have allowed Facebook to share your profile information with us, we may collect that information. Information we receive from your Social Media Accounts will include the email address, first and last name, location (hometown and country), gender, date of birth, likes, interests, number of connections, occupation, posts or other social activity. The information that your social media platform may provide to us via your Social Media Account may change from time to time. Please review your Social Media Account privacy settings to control what information is shared with us.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION WILL BE USED
We use information held about you in the following ways.
Whenever possible, we anonymise the data so that it cannot be connected to any individual person.
Information you give to us (including through Social Media Accounts)
- We process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to tailor your experience on the site;
- for data analysis, testing, research, statistical, editorial, feedback and survey purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on our performance of a contract:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- respond to your queries;
- to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to allow you to share information on our site on third party social media platforms.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on your consent:
- to provide you with the latest information and offers relating to health and fitness, or allow authorised third parties to provide information to you about goods and services;
Information we collect about you
- We will process data for the following purposes based on our legitimate interests:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to provide (or permit third parties to provide) targeted advertising via websites you visit about goods or services that you may find interesting (see more on this in our Cookies Policy);
- To track the progress and number of entries in competitions and promotions.
- We will process data for the following purposes based on your consent:
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
For some of the purposes for which we use personal data (see above), we will engage a third party. If such third party needs access to personal data to carry out its task, we will share the data with them, we will ensure that the third party will only use the data based on our instructions. Such a party is a processor on our behalf and we remain responsible for your data. We will engage the following processors:
- Companies or individuals that provide services to us, such as vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business. These third parties provide services such as providing technical infrastructure services, analysing how our services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
- Other Third Parties
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations, share your personal information with:
- social media or other similar platforms so that we can serve relevant content to you via that platform. For example, we may share your email address with Facebook so that we can include you within a custom audience that we (or a third party on our behalf) will serve content to on Facebook, or we may create an audience of other Facebook users based on the information in your Facebook profile;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
Disclosure under certain circumstances
We will, based either on your explicit consent, or otherwise when we have the right to do so according to applicable personal data regulations also disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Athletic Thinking’s assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- Where you have otherwise consented that we may do so.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on the secure servers or secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We retain the personal information we collect only if we need it to support justifiable business requirements or when our lawful purposes for using the information requires retention. When we no longer require personal information we or our third party suppliers will securely delete and/or archive the information. For more information on where and how long your personal information is stored, and for more information on your rights of erasure and portability, please contact us at email@example.com
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
To help protect the privacy of data and personally identifiable information you transmit through use of our site and portals, we maintain physical, technical and administrative safeguards. We update and test our security technology on an ongoing basis. We restrict access to your personal data to those who need to know that information to provide benefits or services to you. In addition, we undertake training about the importance of confidentiality and maintaining the privacy and security of your information.
You may be able to log in to our site using social sign-in services such as Facebook Connect. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form. Services like Facebook Connect give you the option to post information about your activities on this site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
This site, our newsletters and other communications will from time to time contain links and/or banners that take you to other websites. We are not responsible for the reliability of the content or privacy practices of such other websites.
We may provide you with chat features, instant messaging, message boards, community forums and/or news groups through the site or otherwise. Please remember that any information that you disclose in public areas of the site will become public information, and be accessible to the public. We do not intend (but reserve the right) to monitor, moderate or screen the contents of user postings. We bear no responsibility for any such content and you should be cautious when considering whether to disclose your personal information in the on the site through public or private forums.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to request access to certain personal data that we hold about you including any information we have shared to third parties and/or processors, subject to certain conditions and limited exceptions set out in relevant data privacy laws.
If you wish to do so, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be as open as we can with you but sometimes we might not hold any personal information about you or may have to withhold personal information from you. For example, where the information is not personal information about you, is commercially sensitive, is legally privileged, relates to the personal information of another person, or it may impact on the safety or security of our employees or customers to release it. In these circumstances, we will withhold the information but we’ll tell you why.
You must provide us with accurate information. If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal information in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by using any other opt-out method that we provide in the communication, such as an ‘unsubscribe’ link in emails.
You may also have special rights under data protection legislation in the European Union, in addition to those rights set out above. If this legislation applies to you, you may also request information about: the purpose of the processing; the categories of personal data concerned; who else might have received the data from us; what the source of the information was (if you didn’t provide it directly to us); and how long it will be stored. You have a right to:
- request that we correct (rectify) the record of your personal data maintained by us if it is inaccurate or out of date;
- request that we erase that data or cease processing it, subject to certain exceptions;
- ask us not to process your personal information for the legitimate interests that we have set out above. In certain circumstances we may not be able to stop using your personal information but, if that is the case, we’ll let you know and tell you why;
- receive the personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and to transmit that data to another data controller; and
- lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we processes your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our address is Brent House, 328 Gloucester Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL51 7AY.